Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E230 Eca

I need to write a report on one or more of the experiences currently available to children in my setting ( a foundation unit) ,which I believe allows children to develop their knowledge in maths ,language and science. What would you choose ?

Oh decisions decisions!

If I remember rightly I think the guidance tells you not to arrange anthing specific for your ECA report but to observe your chosen child in an 'everyday activity'.

I did mine on a (very messy) creative activity of making hot air balloons. There was lots of maths science and language that materialised when I really reflected on it.

Maybe just choose your child and wait and see which activity they choose? Sorry that's probably not a very helpful suggestion especially as it needs to be an activity in which you can interact with the child you are observing but I remember I tried so hard to think/choose of something really good and it was a waste of time - the everyday stuff was staring me in the face and I was making hard work out of task that really wasn't hard at all.

My difficulty was interacting with the child and trying to document things at the same time!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)