Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Thumbs Up System

I'm trying to put together a 'thumbs up' system that I can use to help me undertsand how each child feels about an activity they do, a sort of child evaluaton system. This is in response to the section of the SEF which asks how we know what the children think of the setting.

Any ideas?

Hi

I sometimes ask the children to tell me if they enjoyed the activity and I would draw a:-

Smiley face which means they enjoyed and would repeat it

Sad face which means they didn't like it

Face with a striaght line for a mouth, which means it was ok

good idea, thanks.

Hi

I sometimes ask the children to tell me if they enjoyed the activity and I would draw a:-

Smiley face which means they enjoyed and would repeat it

Sad face which means they didn't like it

Face with a striaght line for a mouth, which means it was ok

I use the same idea but its remembering to do it regularly

I do the thumbs up too. I share the learning objective with the children at the beginning of the activity - on a learning leaf which we put on our learning tree, at the end of the morning or day when everyone has completed the activity on the carpet, we look at the learning leaf and ask the children to put thumbs up if they got it and shakey thumbs if they need more practise. It could easily work in the same way for enjoyment of activity.

thnaks for your ideas. i like the idea of a learning tree but wonder if it could be adapted so that even my 2 1/2 year olds could understand it. do you put your objectives on it or each childs individual objective on?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)