Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inclusion, Diversity And Equality Policy

Guest Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

Does anyone still have separate Equality and Diversity and Inclusion/SEN policies? We keep coming across conflicting advice and guidelines about the policies that we should have in place - I think that we should kep them separate, mentioning our provision for SEN within our Equality Policy and signposting to the Inclusion?SEN policy for more detail. There also seems to be some confusion over what shoould be in an Inclusion Policy - some people say it is just SEN and others say that it is far wider.

I would welcome some opinions and suggestions!

We have a separate Equality and Diversity policy and a SEN policy. Obviously they cross reference but the first relates to the six(?) equalities strands. Don't have it to hand at the moment but if I've baffled you with that phrase just shout and I will dig out the info later. SEN policy relates more to the graduated response.

Have to run to make tea before my husband flips out about me being on "that ****** forum again"!

Hello

So what happens to the inclusion policy. We have an SEN policy and a Disability Equality Scheme and an equality/diversity policy(?) somewhere may be. But NO inclusion policy. Mrs O will love me for that! :o

Our inclusion policy became our equality and diversity policy essentially. It talks of inclusion and discrimination. If you like I can try to post a copy later for you to look at but really it was a change of title. Our LA is very hot on equality and diversity policies at the moment and I think they got some outside help in devising a template for it, which is what ours is based on.

I hope that I am attaching the policy here. I've tried to remove the identifying features and I should add that this policy hasn't been updated yet this year. I think that my notes state it should list the six equality strands by name somewhere but I can't find my notes at the moment. Also it is wordy - the whole policy book runs to 50 pages (!) so far and I'm not even sure we have everything we "should" have yet. Needless to say I avoid printing it as much as possible, and direct parents to our online version where ever possible.

E_D_policy.doc

Thanks for the copy of your policy, holly I'm slowly trying to review our policies at the moment with not much input from anyone else, except brill links like this one!

Our Senco came back from a training day a couple of weeks ago and was told that Sen should be part of the equality, inclusion and diversity policy too.

At this rate they'll all just roll into one!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)