Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Art

Hello,

Just wondering peoples thoughts - looking at art and probably special needs children, but art anmd foundation stage and KS1 in particular. Any ideas?

Any ideas for good books, journals and websites on the topic?

Thanks

Louise :D

Not sure what sort of help you were looking for Louallsop but we get some great pictures after using a painting by a well known artist - look in the gallery I have posted a display inspired by the work of Kandinsky.

Don't know if it's any help, but there's an article in the Articles section(wow!! who'd have believed it!!? :o ) about a Project I was involved in 'Art in the Foundation Stage'. if it's any help, I'd be happy to answer any queries, etc.

Sue :D

Hi

What a fantastic topic. I teach Art to special needs children and some of them are at the Foundation Stage level. I was also going to do some research on drawing as part of my disssertation for my MA. There was quite a lengthy , or even a couple of discussions about Art some where on the forum. ASK STEVE.

If you can be more specific about what you want/need, I'd be more than happy to chat and share ideas.

It may help me too as I have got to give a presentation on Art at one of our Staff meeetings and how it can be taught across the curriculum. This is all to cover the fact that at the moment, hardly any Art is being covered in the youngest class in the school. Only when I teach in there once a week.

Keep in touch Kate :D

PS Anyone got any good ideas about how to teach the whole of the MOses story?????? to children who barely know who I am ?! (not my choice)

Kate,

I was Sunday School Co-ordinator locally for a good while locally, have some nice ideas for Moses story, if I can dig them out. Be patient, or if you think I've forgotten, SHOUT!!!

The article I mentioned previously touches upon the cross-curricular nature of art. If you want additional info, let me know.

Sue :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)