Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Steam Cleaning

Hello all, thanks for the birthday wishes.

Whilst having to work on my birthday may not seem like the best idea, the children in the holiday club have made me lots of cards and 'surprise' gifts, and with any luck hubby will have cleaned the house and put out the washing before I get home tonight..

Whilst the holiday club is a bit more relaxed than our pre-school sessions, it has given me time to reflect on cleaning issues (should be doing my Sef). At present we mop the floors each evening (and throughout the day if necessary) and I was wondering if any one out there uses a steam cleaner for this purpose. What are the pro's and cons. Would anyone recommend one which would be suitable.

Debbs

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBS from a fellow Leo :o

We use a steam cleaner when a child has been sick to help kill those nasties. We wouldn't use it for everyday cleaning but we do use it also for the occasional deep clean of an area where children sit daily.We did use it on the staffroom carpet when a smell developed to try get rid of it-you'd think the staff could hit their mouths!! It wasn't expensive, is handy to have occasionally but not a must have unless you are a large setting like a school.

I bring in my steam cleaner from home to do a deep clean. I use it on the bits that are hard to get at corners etc. It works on some stains too it can often melt paint and glue and I agree about killing germs etc I wouldnt use it for every day though .

sue

Guest pamgreen

Our nursery this week had a deep clean. I took my Polti steam cleaner in. The nursery looks really good. I'm thinking of getting one for nursery. The benefits are you don't have to use chemicals so in the long term it helps the environment and also you don't have to buy all the different cleaning products.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)