Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Routines And Continious Provision For Under Twos

sharonash

Can anyone pls share their routines for children under 2?

Also it has been suggested that we have continious provision for this age group, art sand water etc, can anyone share their thoughts on this and what you do in your settings, does it work, is it possible? We have enough trouble getting to grips with the continious provision for 2-3 years, all they want to do is empty the ALL and EVERY box we have!

thanks

sharon

Can anyone pls share their routines for children under 2?

Also it has been suggested that we have continious provision for this age group, art sand water etc, can anyone share their thoughts on this and what you do in your settings, does it work, is it possible? We have enough trouble getting to grips with the continious provision for 2-3 years, all they want to do is empty the ALL and EVERY box we have!

thanks

sharon

As a childminder my continuous provision applies to children ranging from 12mths to 40mths

What are your concerns for providing continuous provision for under 2's?

As for routines - we have a quick welcome song and then children find their photo to add to the "who's here today board" they also choose a picture of what they would like to play with (maybe easier for me with a range of ages as older children can model and younger children choose if they want to be a part), the routines of the day are all very flexible but generally include freeplay with a flexible adult led activity, snack, outdoor play, songs, storytime. I usually use snack and lunch times as a time for doing 'circle time' activities - we sing the days of the week song, talk about different topics etc

Is that any help?

• 5 months later...

hi tried this in my setting does not work with under 2 to have out all day needs 2 be on planning and done with small group they dont understand at this age what it is and what they need to do with it so would cover tthemselves and the floors which would be a safety issue and there is so much happening in under 2 unit dont have spare staff to stay at this activity all day as that is what u would need. hope this is some help

hi tried this in my setting does not work with under 2 to have out all day needs 2 be on planning and done with small group they dont understand at this age what it is and what they need to do with it so would cover tthemselves and the floors which would be a safety issue and there is so much happening in under 2 unit dont have spare staff to stay at this activity all day as that is what u would need. hope this is some help

I think this says more about your setting than it does about your children! It is not necessary to have every single resource available at the same time - you can chose a small selection and then children can chose form the limited options - like they may do at snack time.

• 5 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)