Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Quick Question About Appendix

ok, having a moment of unsureness, on my assignment it says to include 4 observations of a child in the appendix - am I right in assuming that these don't count towards the word count (I hope they don't!)

then, how would you read this question....

'Include a profile of the child based on the observations in the appendix'

I first read it that the profile was to go into the appendix as well, but then thought they might mean literally 'based on the observations that you have included in the appendix'

The first one about including the obs reads like this;

'Include 4 obs that fulfill the criteria in the assignment task, in the appendix' so you can see my confusion??!!

Have emailed my tutor but she goes on holiday tomorrow so I was wondering if any of you ladies could enlighten me......

I've never included appendices in a word count.

Oh, and due to that... if that profile will take you over the word count, I'd make it an appendix, then you can go into as much detail as you want :-)

Sam x

p.s. Just reading what the question actually says, I'd say observations in Appendices, Profile in assignment.

x

great thanks Sam, that is what I had decided once I re-read it, and have started to write the profile within the main body figuring it could easily be cut copied and pasted into a new document for the appedix if need be. Should be ok on word count with it in I think, but definitly not if obs were included - though didn't really see how they could be anyway.

Clare x

I'm doing the FD and we are told anything in the appendices is not counted in the word count, just don't forget to refer to the items in the appendices otherwise it's not worth putting anything there, although I'm sure you already know that. :o

When I did my DPP we were told to put the observations in the appendix but the profile in the assignment. Cant help with the word count as we didnt have a limit.

I am doing my cache dpp at the moment and your assignment sounds exactly the same as what I have just completed. Your observations go in the appendix, and you do not include them in your word count, they can therefore be as detailed as you want so they provide you with lots of information. You use the observations to build a profile of the child using SPIEL headings and this is included in the word count. You can only put in the appendix what cache allows and for my first assignment that was the 4 observations and a bibliography.

Good luck with your course :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)