Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Firm Foundations Home School Activities

I am hoping to access some Graduate Leader Funding in September which I can spend on resources to enhance our provision.

I noticed a review posted on the FSF in May 2009 about a home /school resource - Firm Foundations produced by the Fischer Family Trust (Not sure how to link the review to this thread?).

I was just wondering whether any one had purchased the packs and if so what do you think of them as a home school activity?

Thanks!

Edited by valp59

Funnily enough I just found that review the other day and I was wondering the same thing. I didn't think about looking at funding for purchasing the resources although my LA would say no to using the GLF for it due to stricter rules this year. I would also be interested in hearing if anyone had used it.

Here's the link!

I would also be interested to hear whether anyone is using these successfully. I saw them at a show earlier this year (or at least something similar - not sure they were made by the same people) and I thought they looked a bit flimsy.

Maz

The FSF review is here.I wrote the review and then sent out some samples to FSF members.....are any of you out there?! xD

I thought they were rather good, although you could make them yourself if you had the time (and in the dim and distant past, that's what we used to do, didn't we? :o ) However, I think the really good thing about them, is that you get a CD with all the materials on and you can print off as many copies of the games as you like, and replace bits and pieces that have gone missing. :(

That's one of the things I liked about it Helen - it saved huge amounts of time and could be easily replaced! Generally my parents are careful about things but something is always bound to go missing even with the best will. And like you say in the dim and distant past it would be something we would do ourselves, but in my current climate it is doomed to be like my Employee Handbook - 8 years in the making!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)