Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Cll

hi everybody

Another question that has been on my mind for a while now and thoiught I would ask you rather knowledgeable people.

I'm running the foundation unit next term. I will be the only teacher (still an NQT) along with two nursery nurses. The children in F2 will be on the final two aspects of letters and sounds phase 1. My question is....Do I plan separately for CLL everyday alongside daily phonics to cover LCT, R & W. It just seems alot to fit in aswell as numeracy everyday. Finally when will I do shared writing, reading, guided reading and writing. I presume that wont be untill Phase 2, when they are learning letter sounds etc.

If any of you have help and asdvice out there, it would be very much appreciated. Or a copy of a planning format for CLL FROM Last year, it might make it a little cleaer in my mind.

Thanks heaps xxx

In my new school, teaching Rec/Y1 I am planning to do the following. We will have Letters and Sounds first thing every day for about 20 minutes (this is a whole school thing and the children are divided into phases according to ability). After that, Monday and Tuesday will be 'literacy mornings', so then each child will carry out an adult directed activity at some point during the morning, and the rest of the time they will be playing. Some of the classroom areas will be set up with literacy based activities (e.g. fishing for sounds in the water tray), but most will be child initiated. After milk/snack and break time I will do either a shared reading or writing and then carry on with activities. The last twenty minutes of the morning I will do guided reading with a group while my TA has the rest of the class for tidy up/review time. On Wednesday and Thursday mornings we will still have L&S first, but then the activities will be numeracy based and the input after break will be numeracy. Fridays will be PE and finishing off. Sorry this is a bit rambling, hope it makes sense. I haven't tried it out yet so don't know if it will work!