Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Term

Buttercup

is anyone feeling the same as me. Its the end of a very busy and challenging year. lots of behaviour issues. Should be feeling happy its the end of term. i did the staff appraisals today most staff happy but a few comments thats making feel I cant do this managers role. I should not take critismn to heart but it is hard not to. My biggest problem at the moment is that i am thinking we have 6 weeks off i am away in france for 2 weeks so that only leaves 4 weeks to get planning sorted, observations sorted new keyperson groups, name labels for new children etc etc etc and try to fit in the start of a foundation degree. Perhaps all will look clearer on monday when i can write a list and get my head around everything. oh its been emotional too my son has just finished primary school so had the leavers stuff to contend with aswell.

I need my bed fed up with rain also.

Everything seems much worse when you are tired and emotional. My son also left his first school yesterday and I sat through his leavers assembly feeling very proud and also sad. Enjoy your hols and I'm sure it will all seem brighter when you've had time to recharge the batteries. And dont be so hard on yourself - you do a great job. :o

Yes I know what you mean and felt exactly the same yesterday. A couple of the children in my class just couldn't cope with all the changes - assemblies, change in routines, change in the classroom layout - which resulted in more challenging behaviours and situations in one day than would normally happen in a week! Was so glad the day finished! Staff who are normally the most chilled were fractious and complaining at absolutely everything. I also found out that my house move has been delayed for a month and my other half who works on the otherside of the country was less than sympathetic(grr!).

So I cancelled a weekend away and went to bed very early last night and this morning am feeling a bit better. This weekend has been earmarked as an R & R weekend - just chilling out and doing things at a more relaxed pace just to let my body and me recover from all that has gone on.

Have an easy and relaxing weekend as you can, have some you time and enjoy the things that give you pleasure - sitting down with a book in a coffee shop, a trip to a garden centre just to look at the plants, anything which doesn't involve energy or effort - then write down on Monday the things you need to do (I do it on apiece of A3 in different colours and write down the tasks randonmly on a piece of paper as a list looks demoralising and this looks more colourful!) and then enjoy your holiday.

Once your batteries are recharged you will feel better and yes, you are doing a good job.

Lxx

Wished i had logged on last night! i could've done with a chat. Had the house to myself (to finish dissertation work) but felt very mopey. I had said goddbye to my lovely school as off to another in Sept to do GTP. I know its exciting and I have reached a stage i thought never possible, but was sad to say goodbye and head off into the unknown so to speak. Anyway, glass of red and half a box of chocs later i turned in early. Its comforting to know it's not only me.