Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Needed In How To Teach Year 1 In A Play Based Approach!

Hello everybody,

I am teaching a Reception Class at the moment, which I have been teaching in a play based approach. As I am going to take them up to Year 1 next year, I would like to continue teaching them in the same way. I am therefore looking for great ideas and would appreciate, if you could give me some guidance on how you structure your school day in Year 1 and how you teach the different subjects in particular Literacy and Numeracy. I am also interested in how you have made the transition between Foundation Stage and Year 2 and the use of adults in your classroom setting. At the moment in Reception we teach two adult directed tasks and have two adult facilitators/observers a day. We have around 6 focus activities a week, which we offer both inside and outside. I would very much appreciate it if you could send me some examples of your planning and timetables, as this would also be extremely helpful.

Thank you very much for all your help, advice and ideas.

Amelie

If you can get hold of some of these books

Sand (Carrying on in Key Stage 1) (Spiral-bound)

by Ros Bayley (Author), Lynn Broadbent (Author), Sally Featherstone (Author)

(Lots in the range)

also

MAKING IT WORK IN YEAR 1

TO HELP YEAR 1 TEACHERS SUPPORT CONTINUTIY AND PROGRESSION FROM THE FOUNDATION STAGE

by sally featherstone

and also look at continuing the learning journey

here

These should help?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)