Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inspirational Ideas For Final Week/days Of Term...

Hi Everyone..

9 days left of term and counting! My children are really beginning to feel it now - would anyone like to share what they're doing over the last week (as well as class parties!) We don't break up until the 23rd so i've still got one solid week left to plan for! I'm trying to do some fun activities but now i've sat down to plan my week inspiration has left me! We've been out of the classroom so much with sports day, trips to the seaside and a class assembly i've got no obs toi go from :o!

I'm thinking about having our class party around a pirate theme but this isn't until the last day of term, hmm maybe making treasure maps...

Anyone?!!

Thanks in advance Q xx

Hi,

Sorry don't have many ideas at the moment but we are planning to ask the children to produce a book, poster or leaflet showing something they have learnt this year. So it could be as important as "I have learnt to be a good friend" but not in those words or it could be a book about people who help us. This way we are leaving the outcome for the children but are giving some guidance on what we are looking for. The outcome can be produced in any way with pictures, writing, ICT or creatively.

Also thought about lots of turn taking activities such as games, listening, outdoor sports etc as this is the worst time of year for turn taking we thought lets try to turn this into a positive experience.

Nicky Sussex :oxD

We are in front of you as the children break up on Thursday so we've done lots of our end year things already.Following on from our sports hero's and sports day last week we cut a cup shape (trophy type) out of card and stuck pieces of tin foil on. We then used rolling pins to get it super flat!! Next week we are going to discuss who our class is going to award them too. I have in mind 'World's greatest office staff 2009, lollipop lady, cleaners, dinner ladies and possibly head teacher :o but hope it comes from the children. I've some ex-large sticky lables so they can write the message on and stick it on the front of the trophy.On Thursday morning we are going to have an awards ceremony. Going to run it a bit like the Oscars where pairs of children will stand behind a podium and give their reasons before reading out names sealed in an envelope.In the afternoon before the whole school assembly we will re-visit some of the dances I've introduced through the year. Superman the dance again!!! xD:( Reach for the stars (from our space week) Nellie the elephant (elmer week) frog song (spring lifecycles) hey Mickey (robot week) Walking on the moon (police-space again) match of the day (sports week) and introduce Agado for the holidays

Anyone else use spotify??? love it!!!

oh and I'm using up all the tactile stuff as I will restock in September-shaving foam, gellibaff, cornflour

Edited by Guest

Biccy - all of your dance things sound wicked.... where on earth did you get them from/how do you do them/ I want to do them never mind my class!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I'm going to get them to create something for the children next year and their new teachers ie. my name is... at school i really like.... and then like a help or fact sheet for the new children.

Sam x

We've been lucky as we've had plumbers in - bizarrely, they didn't wait till the holidays - to redo all the toilets, and they've had loads of huge cardboard boxes. So we've taken all our making stuff onto the playground together with 15 massive boxes and the children have been in pairs deciding what they wanted to do with them. Some have made houses and have been playing birthday parties in them , we've had a time machine, a jack-in-the-box and others too. Children spent all afternoon Friday on them and most children have worked more on them today and want to continue tomorrow - I think it should keep most of them going all week. Lucky, because they are exhausted and completely losing the plot (as am I!) 7 days to go!!!!!!

Biccy - Spotify is fab! Can you access it at school? I assumed you couldn't so I haven't tried. That really would be great.

Biccy - Spotify is fab! Can you access it at school? I assumed you couldn't so I haven't tried. That really would be great.

Yes I love it. I signed up for it at home and can access it at school using my details. It means I can create playlists to go with our topics. I can do this at home and then it's done when I get to school.Also means I can play 'my music' when the children are not around.I did a fab music and movement lesson (well I really enjoyed it!)using Walking on the moon by the Police silvers suits, metalic instruments and a white sheet. Using Spotify over a CD means you can pause and stop like a tape recorder but with instant track access like a CD. The space play list was added to as the topic progressed. We started with Fly me to the moon-Sinatra and added amongst others a bit of Bowie (space odity, Starman) cat stevens (Moonshadow) themes from superhero films (mission impossible, spiderman) chariots of fire, TV sports themes and ended with Bonnie Tyler and Hero by Mariah Carey.

I really wish we could access utube but its blocked. Theres a great slide show of real life images to go with Superman dance (skier, weightlifer, bell, horn) and the video for Star trekkin' is brill.

Aw, thank you for sharing. Some fab ideas for the planning bank! Our class assembly is out of the way now and we made pirate maps this afternoon as the children enjoyed making maps for the Beebots last week. We're going to do lots of fun arty piratey activities before the party next week!

Q xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)