Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Using Eyfs In Day Care Setting!

Hi all! Just wondered if anyone could give me any advice at all on this! I have recntly moved positons, used to work in educational nursery and have moved to Day Care. i must say it has been a fantastic move for me and for the moment I couldnt be happier. My main problem at the moment is planning, I have been used to planning for an educational setting with a fixed number of children on a daily basis, a lot of structure was in place and the nursery was run along side the school day. I have recently moved to a day care setting where numbers change considerably day to day, the age range of the children is wider and although there is structure to the day it is far more relaxed than in an educational setting. Basically I don't know where to start with planning! I have a million and one ideas rolling around ant the moment! All help gratefully recieved!

Hi amylouc, although a member for a while it's nice to see you post, a warm welcome to the forum. :o

As a starter maybe a read of Sue's 'Motivational Planning' article will help. You can find it HERE

Also there are quite a few planning formats in the resource section of the forum.

Peggy

Hi!!

Well, I think Peggy's idea was good, as I'm in a Daycare setting, so the article should ring bells. I understand exactly where you're coming from. I actually think being in Daycare makes it easier to 'loosen the constraints' and follow the children (as per EYFS), provided you can get the boss on your side xD . (I'm meaning less 'top down' pressure, as I'm led to believe can be the case in schools)

Moving to following the children really revolutionised practice for us and if you can continue with this it will really pay off in all sorts of unexpected ways. We have just one focus activity a day, which is aimed at skills necessary for the achievement of elgs rather than elgs themselves. These can be delivered in or out of doors and in contexts that suit children's interests, so are easily differentiated and engage the children, because we have noticed what they are interested in right now!

Shout if you want more guidance

Sue :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)