Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activity Boxes

One of my staff has begun to create a library of activity boxes. (washing powder tablet boxes covered with sticky backed plastic)

The boxes each have a theme and include some of

Instructions/materials for science experiments

Fact cards

Picture cards to talk about

Rhymes/ stories

A bit like story sacks really. The idea is that parents can borrow them to work with at home.

So far we have a butter box (making butter), a bubble box and a bug box.

Any more ideas?

Al

Chromatography-strips of bolting paper, plastic cup, felt tips in black, brown, green and purple. Rhyme-I can sing a rainbow and a story about colours. Ignore the solvents works just as well with just water!! The series of small books-mini treasures would be good fiction books in your boxes.Small enough to fit but classic titles and cheap enough

Some natural science ones would be good-shells, pine cones and leaves, feathers binoculars and bird identification book. How to make a paper aeroplane,magnets including a few links of a train track.A pair of socks, washing powder and pegs...brain is buzzing I just may have to make some!

Chromatography

Red Fox Mini treasure books

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)