Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tuff Spot Trees

Hi.

I am trying to resource my new tuff spot and am desparately looking for trees and bushes for my small world, ie zoo/farm/jungle. Any good recommendations? What have you used?

We use real bits of foliage stuck either into mud, if the tray is full of it or stuck into a plasticene lump and dotted around in the tray.

They love it. Also, pieces of bark for the lions to sit on, large rubber plant type leaves to create a jungle or buy a few very small pot plants with fern-like leaves and stand them together in a group on the tray.If you can remember to keep watering them (a job for the children) the jungle will grow and grow and you can keep them on the window sill when you're not using them!

I have in my collection some trees from playmobil, some plastic aquatic plants from The Range I also have some of their coloured aquatic gravel and small pots of ferns from Ikea which I water and last a couple of weeks before they need replacing.

Aquatic plant

-but search through the section

Playmobil trees

get the children to make their own little trees using plasticine as a base, lollie sticks or twigs at the trunk, odd bits of sponge, mod roc, tissue paper or other items to make the leaves

a quick fix is two pieces of card with an identical picture of a tree on each and them slot them together by cutting a slot in the top half of the one and the bottom half of the other.

We also use a mixture of real plants and plastic/fake/toy plants. If you have a clever member of staff/parent they could make them out of FIMO. :(

Funny story - development worker came in and saw ivy leaves in the tuff spot, she said "You do know they are poisonous don't you!!" They were plastic!! :oxD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)