Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning!

Hi all,

Just wondering if you could help me, I have been thnking about this for a while and seem to be going round in circles! In september I am moving to a new school which is every different from the one I currently teaching reception in. Because of this difference I am finding the planning a bit of a challenge. At my current school we teach all six ares of the curriculum with equal wieghting over 3 days and have 2 assessment for learning days. We find this works well as the children are generally of a high ability and we feel they need some structure alongside their child initiated learning. However at my new school, which is in quite a challenging area this would be much too formal and i doubt would work. i have got my head around long term palnning as continuous provision, medium term planning we will do retrospectivly, highligting the areas we have covered as we do them, ready to do enhanced and Letters and Sounds and PSRN time planning but I am really not sure what else to do - I feel children need us to provide them with experinces and oppotunities so they can take what they learn and apply it in their own ways but I also know topics and themes are not currently used at my new school and they follow the children's interests - which i am all for but they only have 2/ 3 activities which are planned for in detail folowing the children's interests. I was just wondering how you all do it - Like i siad i am more than happy with all the other plans apart from the short term - do i leave it and do it as i go along or do i plan activities which i suppose have no relavance to the children's interests? Please Help - I hope all this makes some sense. Thank you Loads x

Hey, odd question but have you got anny egs of how you do your week currently? It sounds really interesting in terms of structure etc.?

Sam x

Hi I am Alison and I am new to the forum. I am actually looking for a new planning sheet for 6 months to 4 years to use on a weekly basis for each key worker to use.

can anyone help xD:o

hi, I havn't got any at home with me but i will have a look at school tomorrow and try and up load a copy. It does work really well actually within my current setting but just feel stuck with my new setting.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Can't really help you with any ideas for you but wondered if you could help me. I'm an NQT struggling to manage a Reception/Summer born Year 1 class and I like the sound of your idea of using two days for assessment so I wonder if you could explain to me how you make this work. Could you possibly send me any plans please?

Thanks

Edited by Guest
Removal of email address

If anybody has any ideas for julescc272 could you please send them to her by personal message? Many thanks.

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)