Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Out Door Play Policy

Hello all,

Just wondered do any of you have outdoor play policies if you do what are the main points?

On a side note do any of you put out door play in your job specifications?

Mooncat :o

We have had an outdoor play policy but are integrating it into another policy as the outdoor play becomes a part of our ethos. If you are just starting it might be useful for hammering home the importance you place on it as a setting. We cover things like sun protection and suitable weather clothing, that all children will have the choice to go outside daily and if a child isn't well enough to go out they aren't well enough to be in the pre-school, and that we value it as highly as anything the children can do inside. It isn't in our job spec but staff are made fully aware that they have to participate in it as it is part of the whole setting, so they cannot opt out just as they cannot opt out of playdough (much as I might like to get out of that one myself :o !)

I created a free flow policy for when we started doing it, as it was a big change for staff and they needed to think through the implications for safety, learning, etc.

Hi SuzieC8

Would you be kind enough to share your policy with us all here or at least some of the paragraphs?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)