Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Medium Term Plan Spring

Hi

Does anyone have a medium term plan for reception starting after christmas, it has been suggested that we cover weather or does anyone else have any suggestions, any would be appreciated. I am actually a teaching student and need to know what to cover. Thanks for any help.

Welcome jessam. We'll be doing Food as our topic for the first half of the spring term, but weather should be a good one.

Daily weather chart - link to learning/ordering days of the week, learning different symbols (watch the weather forecast on the TV) or making their own symbols. Maths - counting the number of wet/dry days etc. Talking about how the weather affects what they can do. Dressing up for different types of weather (My World - Teddy computer program where you can select clothes for hot/cold days - good for early mouse control skills - click and drag). Talk about how the weather changes in different seasons. You could actually link this to food - what foods would be good to eat on a hot/cold day (I just love food! xD !). Physical development - moving as if walking on ice, splashing in puddles etc (bit like the BBC Let's Move - Bear Hunt). Creative development - painting/weaving/collage using hot and cold colours. Could extend to weather in different countries - matching animals to different types of climate? Great links with ice activities in the water tray - find the frozen teddy on this website if you haven't seen it - sorry can't put the link in - but it's absolutely priceless :D

Just a few ideas to, hopefully, get you going. This is just the tip of the iceberg :o (sorry no pun intended). I think you should be able to find loads to keep you going.

Best of luck - Harricroft

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)