Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wet Play Coats

with the weather so hot the parents arent bothering with coats and although its rained 2 out of 4 mornings ths week parent still dont bother to bring a rain coat

we had 15 children in session all wanting to go out to play and only 5 children had bought coats its seemed unfair to only take those with coats out but we dont have any spare coats to share as a pack away setting we dont have the space to be keeping water proof coats for wet play

then I thought.... the plastic painting aprons are in effect a plastic macjust worn backwards so I ran to the cupboard and grabbed some aprons and wow I now have an alternative coat wet play days.

ok they dont do up all the way down and they have no hood but how many children keep their hoods up? or keep their coats closed when they are hot the aprons keep the majority of the rain off so the child doesnt go home soaking wet from the rain

so if you havent already used them, Painting aprons do come in handy as an emegency rain coat!

Guest MaryEMac

I would never have thought about doing that. One problem if they have recently been used for painting you run the risk of the children going home with paint streaks down their legs.

Thanks for that idea Alison.

Mary

paint washing off was a consideration but luckily we have several different types of aprons and we wash used aprons at the end of each session so we used different aprons for painting that morning and kept the aprons with sleaves as rain coats

• 2 weeks later...

We have all in one wet suits bought from an outdoor shop, it means they can go outside to play all year round and no need to worry about getting wet. We also have lots of wellingtons so their feet don't get wet.

Just need to find some for the staff now. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)