Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Level 3 Certificate In Eyfs Practice

Is anyone doing this or does anyone have a staff member doing it? I have a member of staff who is great but her level 3 falls outside the "full and relevant" definition and one pathway to remedy this is the EYFS certificate. She is doing a FD from September but unfortunately has chosen to do one which is not fully relevant either :o

A local college used to offer it but have stopped and the only place I can find it is with NEC at cost of £550 or so. Has anyone got any idea if others offer it and can we get help with the costs?

I have a member of staff starting it in september in northamptonshire at a cost of £1000, however £900 is paid via a grant from the workforce development team in the area. I suppose it depends where you are as to what is offered, how about an NVQ?

I would suggest that your employee chooses an FD which is relevent, otherwise it may be a waste of her time?

WOW! £1000 is a lot more than I was quoted. I am still waiting for the LA to get back to me with regard to funding for courses. They said Train to Gain would contact us but as yet, nothing. Unfortunately I can't see her wanting to do another NVQ and the FD relates more directly to her longer term aims which she has been upfront about since the start. She is a really good member of staff and I value her contribution and I would really like to be able to count her as qualified which is why I would like to get this course arranged for her. Thanks for your reply.

Two of my staff did it and thought it was utterly useless!, then again the person taking the class had to ask the students for advice on the EYFS, so maybe they just had a poor tutor.

unfortunatly they did not learn anything that they did not know, or that we were not doing already.

Dawn

i started this course last december and to say its been challenging is an understatement like the last reply my tutor has not been able to give support on this due to work commitments,her understanding of eyfs,and size of group . each unit covers a walk and talk task which should have been compleated after a discussion with tutor by her no! i had to write up a report based on each question why? only reason we could come up with is she didnt know the eyfs in practice and wanted all twelve of us to come up with the anserws for her (this has become apparent because know at the end of the course she talks /speels the eyfs off )so her next course pupils will sail through it .

sorry had to get that of my chest

i only started working in this sector march 2008 and fast tracked my nvq level 2 to start this course in december being informed by early years to complete this course prior to doing my nvq level 3 i wish know i had waited took my time and definatly done my nvq level 3 first

so my advice is check your tutors background and thier understanding of the eyfs and have a good understanding of your role in the early years setting also everything you do as regards tasks is underpinned by the eyfs principles unique child, positive relationships, enabling enviroments and learning and development .

i do understand it more know but the team in which i work already understood it but it was /is worded diffrently

everything we do is for the child .......

ill just say ive not yet compleated as only had my tutor visit me once last week to do my observations and go through all my work which i have emailed and asked for feedback consistantly but she never bothered so more bits to do and hopefully i will pass and be able to help the children learn lifelong skills .....through play.

sorry i do waffle :

Hi

If it helps anyone, I and my two collegues have been delivering this CEYFSP course to students who have just completed their CCLD Level 3. It was hard going and very time consuming for everyone (students and tutors). I think the students here found it was a lot of work straight after the CCLD. We all completed one Unit Observation on the same visit as the Walk and Talk for the same Unit.It did take a lot or organising and co-operation with the nursery managers, not least in order to keep up the ratios. The boxes in the booklet are very small and every tutor was concerned that they included as much as possible of the answers they were given and the obsevations. The course would have been a total nightmare if the tutors themselves were not familiar with EYFS in practice. Also , for us, it was a benefit the students having just completed level 3 as they knew a lot of the underpinning knowledge required to answer the questions on the Walk & Talk. Hopefully our students didn't feel unsupported.

Thanks for some more views on this everyone. I am still struggling to find a college offering it locally. We are based near to Bury in Lancashire so if anyone knows of anyone offering it near there I would be grateful (long shot I know!).

Hi

I work for a training provider in the Northwest, we offer the CEYFS. Funding is not available from train to gain. Your best option is to go to your local authority and CWDC.

We can offer training nationally, and have assessors that do know what they are doing, with myself completeing the course so i have a better understanding.

It is only three units and therefore with the right assessor you should be aiming for completion within three months but you can get 6 months worth of funding.

If i can be of any assistance please contact me

Jac111

Jac111 thank you for your reply. I will most probably be in touch when I have got this week out of the way! End of term is driving me crackers this year!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)