Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hours Cut!

well was waiting for the day.basically as we losing 12 pre-school in summer and not gaining 12,hours are being cut!!this week only starts with 5 hours being cut in pre-school room but in september we are going to have 6-7 children most days compared to our current 16.redundancy looks on the cards if things don't pik up!!! looks like it is going to get worse so a new job maybe on the cards for me!!.anywhereelse where credit crunch is hitting?!

Edited by eclmmcca

oh dear, this is not good... hopefully you will get some enquries and take up of places soon.

we seem to be coping okay, but luckily for us our nursery is in the grounds of a big learning zone, so we tend to do well with college students and teachers.

Dawn

Guest MaryEMac

Our hours are being cut in September because of a drop in numbers. All the children who are leaving have been doing at least 3 full days but the new children in September are only accessing up to 3 hours per day. Hopefully after Christmas, hours will be added to and we will get our hours back. Not very happy because every other week I will end up with 2 full days off. my deputy has done the rota so that everyone has the same amount of hours but I am down as leader and will probably need to be in for meetings etc with no pay :o I can see where she is coming from but feel as if I am being sidelined.

Mary