Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Do You Do With Your Learning Journeys At The End Of Reception?

Guest heleng

Guest heleng

After discussion with the year 1 teacher and other staff in school it was decided that when the children leave Reception we would bind their learning journeys and send them home with their reports. This was decided a while ago. When I went to check with my head before I started binding them she said I could only send them home if this is the 'norm' for Foundation Stage.

So, my question is what do you do with your learning journeys when the children finish Reception?

It is a school policy to keep from each class including reception files/work/learning journeys for 6 children-2 examples of extended, core, modified until after January just in case ofsted call and for referance by the next teacher.We inform the parents of these 6 children from each class. The remainning children take their work home the day before we break up.

Edited by Guest

We might send ours home after the reception teacher has had a look at them.

We used the folders with pockets inside,

and most are fairly full when they reach reception so I think our reception teacher will carry on and do her own

which are very similar to ours in every respect minus the folder.

I don't think theres a "norm"

Perhaps you could start your norm this summer!

I photocopy the profile scale points pages for the Year 1 teacher, and for my records, then it all goes home.

jackie.

Ours go home and we ask the parents to share them with the reception teachers........in fact, this year we have already had the teachers in to visit us and have given them a quick look ( a first this time................all the teachers have phoned to ask to visit us!!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)