Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Creative Learning Journey

Hi - I'm new to the forum so hello!

I teach in an Oxfordshire primary school and look after the foundation stage class there (reception with some of the youngest Year 1s when numbers dictate!).

Next year my school is going to use the Creative Learning Journey (CLJ) in order to plan a more creative curriculum. I love this idea as it takes the EYFS areas of learning and builds a skills continuum from FS to Year 6. The CLJ was originally designed and trialled in Bexley and is now available to purchase as a package with online planning and support (check it out on www.creativelearningjourney.org.uk). So we can finally throw out all those really boring QCA units further up the school! Anyway, my head has clearly noticed my enthusiasm and she's put me in charge of overseeing the introduction of the curriculum....so I'd love to hear from anyone who's using the CLJ already and has thoughrts on problems, limitations, stuff that's really good etc.

Thanks! :o

We were quoted £2000 for a small infant school ( nor 135) earlier this term and thats just for the initial package.

However, Im delighted with the Chris Quigley book package I bought instead for £95+pp. It will certainly making my planning a lot easier! "Planning a skills based curriculum"

We were quoted £2000 for a small infant school ( nor 135) earlier this term and thats just for the initial package.

However, Im delighted with the Chris Quigley book package I bought instead for £95+pp. It will certainly making my planning a lot easier! "Planning a skills based curriculum"

We've already bought the package - actually it didn't work out that expensive when we looked at the staff costs, time, assessment recording packages etc. we would have had to pull together had we planned our own skills based continuum from scratch. I'm actually fairly impressed with what we've got by buying into it - the online planning tool is fab! - but I'm keen to hear from people using it 'cos I'm sure they'll be some teething troubles and downsides when we start using it :o

Hi

I worked in a school who bought in CLJ I think the junior staff found it more useful than the infant staff. I found the online resources varied in quality and I actually hated the planning circles... but it may suit some people.

Jay

I talked to a couple of heads at the education show who use the CLJ. Have you looked on their website at schools in your area who are suing it? That would be the best approach to contact them at see if you can arrange a good practice visit. The two heads i spoke to were using it in very different ways so it will be a challenge to fins a setting that is similar to yours and discover the ways it works for them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)