Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Do You Prove Value Added From Entry To Reception On The Profile?

I am trying to find out how I can prove amount of points progress during Reception is average , above average or below average from entry to Reception to the end of Reception on the profile. If a child arrives on 1,2 , 3 and leaves on 6 /7/8 is it average/above average progress. My county new transition record gives points 1,2,3 (low, secure etc like APP) when they transfer to school from pre-school. Are they the only points we are allowed to input? On stepping stones I thought the grey children came in on 4 etc. What would you consider as an average child/below average/above average score on entry? Has anyone any ideas?

i've said somewhere else I divised a chart each child has their own line with name, in and out for each area of DA, SD, ED, CLT, LSL, R, W, NAL, C, SSM.

Looks like this at the top of the table

Name/ DA in /DA out/ SD in /SD out/ EDin/ ED out/ etc

Then i have colour coded the boxes underneath each heading as follows:

Entry Data (in) using ages and stages:

Red for working below age and stage

Pink for working just into age and stage when by age they should be going onto the next stage.

Blue for working securely in age and stage

Green for working above age and stage (mainly counting)

Exit Data (out)

Red for children with below 5 points

Pink for children with 5 points

Blue for children with 6 points

Green for children with more than 6 points

This is then easily readable as to who has made satisfactory or good progress and those who are progressing so slow they look like they are going backwards!!

Also i input all the entry scores in Sept so only needed to do exit scores in June as it takes time to set up. This may not help for this year but maybe for next.

Thanks for your reply. Sounds very useful.

'Red for working below age and stage

Pink for working just into age and stage when by age they should be going onto the next stage.

Blue for working securely in age and stage

Green for working above age and stage (mainly counting)'

Can I ask you a couple of questions?

What stage on Development matters/FSP point would you classify for each of your colours on colour on entry?

Would red be 22-36? Pink 30-50? Blue 40-60 ? Green ELG'S?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)