Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition And Leaver's Questionnaire

Hi all,

Does anyone out there have in place a questionnaire that they use to assess the effectiveness of transitions to other settings (either the move up to school or a move to a different EY setting?). I need to devise one but was wondering if anyone has an example that may help me to polish things up a bit...

Also, does anyone give questionnaires out to families that leave their setting to go elsewhere?

Thanks in advance,

DDC.

sorry dont' have questionaire for transition

because we feed so many schools and each school is so different in how it see's (or doesnt) transition

it has only really only happened this year for our children because i have made the effort to go visit schools.

a couple of schools have come to us and found the experience well worth while

It would be great to have a parents propective on this and i may do some informal chit chat with parents on this subject

we have had a big debate at a strategy meeting about parents missing deadline for application to school

this has been a huge problem in our area and has caused some major headaches for both schools and parents

maybe we the setting should give out the application forms??

We have the same issues about the application forms. We contacted two local schools and they send the application packs down. We make sure that all the children who are leaving get a pack as soon as they are available. We then ask them regularly if they have filled them in and returned them or whether they have applied online. We also ask what school they have applied to so we know for our records. When the letters from county go out we again set up dialogue as to what school they have been accepted for so we can give advice on appealing etc.

Sue

I don't have a questionairre either, just wanted to say that I think it's a good idea to produce one. Or second thoughts maybe you'd need 3, (or a section for parent, new setting, and your own setting) on one document.

I'm thinking about when the 'new' settings would know when transition has been successful, a week into new term? A month? or even a term?

Would new settings return the questionairres? Maybe this is something you could do over the phone, verblly with Parent / new setting and complete the form yourself?

Maybe you could devise a form to send to new settings to let them know how their input prior to the move was useful successful to your setting and the child. A sort of 'show by example' action.

If I was formulating a questionairre I'd most probably take guidance from my Transistions policy for measurable questions.

Hope this helps, just first thoughts popping into my head.

Peggy

We give every parent a questionnaie when they leave our setting to get their feedback. It was originally put in place when as EYP i wanted to use a parents perspective to gage which areas needed the most change. It is specifically aimed at our setting but has given us invaluable feedback and insome instances opened our eyes to things that haven't occured to us. I'm not able to post it now but will tonight.

Thanks for all your feedback. I have since devised a fairly simple questionnaire relating to how well our setting prepared the child for the transition, as we feel that is measurable. I am happy to post it up if anyone would be interested to see it.

BPP - a leavers' questionnaire would be useful too and I haven't had the time to sort that one out yet - I would be very interested to see what you have on that if you are able to post it to the forum later.

We are fortunate in that we generally only link in to 2 schools, both of whom are pretty onboard with forging strong links (or at least they are now that I have been like a rottweiler at a stick!) so were I to devise something to receive their feedback (which I think would be a good idea) then I feel pretty sure that I would get something meaningful back.

Cheers,

DDC.

Thanks for all your feedback. I have since devised a fairly simple questionnaire relating to how well our setting prepared the child for the transition, as we feel that is measurable. I am happy to post it up if anyone would be interested to see it.

BPP - a leavers' questionnaire would be useful too and I haven't had the time to sort that one out yet - I would be very interested to see what you have on that if you are able to post it to the forum later.

We are fortunate in that we generally only link in to 2 schools, both of whom are pretty onboard with forging strong links (or at least they are now that I have been like a rottweiler at a stick!) so were I to devise something to receive their feedback (which I think would be a good idea) then I feel pretty sure that I would get something meaningful back.

Cheers,

DDC.

Hi,

I would be interested to see this questionnaire as ours is soooo old and really needs updating!

Edited by Guest

Hi,

I would be interested to see this questionnaire as ours is soooo old and really needs updating!

I have attached the very simple transition questionnaire for anyone who is interested - please note this is purely relating to our performance in relation to the transition process and NOT a global performance query.

Cheers,

DDC.

Playgroup_to_school_transition_questionnaire.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)