Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Resources For Outdoor Area

Hi am about to spend a fair amount of money on resourcing the outdoor area for a class of reception year 1 children. Does anyone have any good resources that they have bought and use all the time which would be good for my area? Any suggestions would be gratefully received!!

Ta

Kazdav1

I am just about to do the same!! Have a Rec/Y1 job for September and an outside area to sort out. Have you tried doing a search? There was a really useful discussion recently about what people would put in their ideal outside area. I have done quite a bit of research, including visiting a few settings and I am hoping to have built in a play house, a shed and shelves for storage, a sand pit, water tray and a water butt so the children can access water themselves, a muddy area for digging, a rocky area to encourage minibeasts, a 'stage' (probably decking), white boards, chalk boards, picnic bench, planters for flowers and vegetables, and numbered parking bays for bikes. In terms of actual resources I am hoping to get guttering and pipes, tuff spots, tyres, milk crates, planks, logs, large construction toys, tents and lots of den building equipment (blankets, tarpaulins, pegs, clothes horses etc.). Hope this helps!

I am just about to do the same!! Have a Rec/Y1 job for September and an outside area to sort out. Have you tried doing a search? There was a really useful discussion recently about what people would put in their ideal outside area. I have done quite a bit of research, including visiting a few settings and I am hoping to have built in a play house, a shed and shelves for storage, a sand pit, water tray and a water butt so the children can access water themselves, a muddy area for digging, a rocky area to encourage minibeasts, a 'stage' (probably decking), white boards, chalk boards, picnic bench, planters for flowers and vegetables, and numbered parking bays for bikes. In terms of actual resources I am hoping to get guttering and pipes, tuff spots, tyres, milk crates, planks, logs, large construction toys, tents and lots of den building equipment (blankets, tarpaulins, pegs, clothes horses etc.). Hope this helps!

WOW!!! You've got a very generous head teacher/bursar! Or are you managing to find funding from somewhere? How big is your space?

My new head has lots of money in her buildings budget apparently. All this stuff hasn't actually materialised yet though!! The space hasn't been built yet, part of the current playground outside the Reception class is being fenced off for us and a canopy is being built. Quotes are coming in at the moment and its going to be done over the summer holidays. It should be quite a good size, not sure about dimensions. There is no accessible outside space at the moment, so its v exciting!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)