Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Induction - Parent Presentation

Hi,

I'm in the process of planning the parent presentation for induction morning next Wednesday and was just hoping for some advice/guidance.

I have already meet most parents during their child's induction morning visit and seem to be able to talk easily with most parents and answer questions/concerns etc but am not sure how to tackle the presentation.

I meet with the KS1/FS coordinator to outline roughly the areas I would cover but just unsure how to prepare for it - I'm an NQT. I will be talking about our daily routine & structure in class, briefly about the EYFS and how we present the curriculum, things childrne will need in class, how I want to assess the children and have parents involved in the process and then I thought that would be probably enough to mention and then open to questions, although yesterday afternoon I was quite brain dead (had a exciting day culminating in a poorly child being sick pretty much everywhere and another one cutting themselves quite badly on their brithday badge just as we needed to be getting sorted for home time) and feel that I've missed something crucial - any ideas/help would be gratefully appreciated!

Many thanks in anticipation!

Becky

Hi Becky

That all sounds great and it's exactly how I do it. I present it all with a powerpoint which has headings of the areas i'm talking about, photos of my current class to match and a few prompts to remind me what to say. Parents seem to like the photos of the children doing the things i'm talking about

Hope that helps

Maria

Hi, Speaking as a parent, what I'd want to know is what I need to do when I drop my child off in the morning. All the nuts and bolts of book bags and trays and coats etc. I'd also take the chance to hammer home the 'label all clothes' thing. Parents can also be unsure about whether children still need to take pencil cases into school, also your policy on bringing in toys from home.

Good luck!

At the induction evening I did for new parents I showed them a video of what a typical day in the 4+ would be like. It included children during Activity Time, Exercise Time, Playtime, Dinner Time, Reading etc, about 1 minute of each just to show what the daily routine for their child might look like. It went down really well with parents and also saved me from talking! I filmed it myself just with my video camera and it didnt take that long to make.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)