Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Query About Pay For Foundation Stage Co-ordinators

Hi

Do any foundation stage coordinators get additional payments for their role?

I have been offered the position (which I gladly accepted) but no mention of pay increase? I would like to discuss with my head and go in armed with what is the norm in UK schools.

I will co-ordinate 2 nursery and 2 reception classes - which will be 3 other teachers and 9 support staff.

I am also whole-school Learning Support co-ordinator (Nursery - Year 8 currently) and don't get additional payment for this. I am on U.K. teacher's pay scale.

Anyone from UK state and independent sector or overseas who can advise me?

Thanks

Louise.

There is no standard answer to that, some coordinators will get a TLR others dont, it depends on the the structure that has been set up. The exact TLR would also vary but it certainly sounds like a lot of work and wouldnt be unreasonable to get a TLR and management/ non contact time to allow you to fulfil this role.

I have a TLR for being Foundation Stage Coordinator, ICT coordinator, PE coordinator, on the SMT and various other bits and pieces!

I have a TLR for Foundation Stage Leader - I co-ordinate 3 teachers, 3 nursery nurses and 2 TA's, but I think it depends on your school if you get a TLR.

Hi

My school said didn't warrant a TLR unless doing something for whole school (which it seems you are doing by being learning support) even though i am also on SMT. Look at your pay structure policy which will tell you how many TLR's your school can have will also give you details of how to ask for extra pay. I now have an incrument so went up a M scale but it will even out in the end when i get to threshold next year. I only got this because i am now also working extra hours due to extended nursery times. Also in past maths and literacy coordinator got payments but they no longer do in our school.

Hope this helps as you can see went through similar thing myself.

• 3 weeks later...
In the school i work in there are no TLRs.

I hold ICT, Early Years, Art and part of the SMT but get nothing extra for it.

Good luck with talking to your head.

OMG where do you find the time to do all that?!!!! You deserve a medal (and a pay rise!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)