Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

No One Wants My Job!...

Wow you and me both! Have asked sainsburys for a transfer to days but they said no chance! Like you I do 7 hour on sundays, 5 hours 5-10pm on mon, wed, in pr-school tus, thurs fri so ony day off is sat :o which tends to be doing assignments. No jobs (not just in chidcare) going that are of any length (need at last 17 hours financially to give up sainsburys) and some would rquire the use of before or after school club to do so would need even more hours.

Have just made enquiries about a TA job in a foundation unit at a school for 16 hours but need to know a bit more about it.

It would be a shame that there are qualified people out there who just cant get permanent work for the hours they need. Have you thought about agency work? This is an ara I might look into if nothing comes up and once qualifid.

Its awful isnt it??!!! I need to cover 21 hours per week, with the wages including the time and a half I get for Sunday. Havent considered agency work and probably wont until september when James goes back to school.

Am also considering a CV push and volunteering somewhere, I just dont know where yet!!

My sons school are in the process of setting up register for temporary TA's and I have applied.

I also found out from the TA in James class that the school only has 2 permenant TA's!! The rest are employed on a term by term contract and as of today, none of them know who is going to be at the school next year. You only receive a permenant position once you have been there for 4 full years!!

The thought of doing tescos and a TA post for the next 4 years, wears me out thinking about it!! I cant afford to give up tesco for a temporary position in the hope that I will get kept on for the following term.

I do know of a position coming up in a local pre-school but this isnt until october at the earliest as they are waiting for new premises, which will allow them to increase their numbers and employ more staff!!

Surely something will turn up for us both soon!!

I for one have not been able to do this for most of this term, and I'm not clear about what would have happened if Mrs O had paid me a visit this term. I could have shown how I was working towards getting this in place as advised by my LA advisers, but my gut feeling is that I would still have been deemed 'inadequate' since I would not have been meeting the welfare requirements.

Maz

I think this depends on how amenable your inspector is! We were in the position of having a Leader with NO qualification but working towards level 3 and doing OU level 4 at the same time! - 2 other staff were level 3 and 2 others were level 2, we were graded Good and Outstandings amazing!

The reason we were in the mess was we also couldn't get a Leader, advertised for 6 months but no one came along but this unqualified person, when I rang Ofsted for advice they agreed with me that there was a huge problem with getting qualified staff and that if we felt this person was good enough to go for it! Downside was once she achieved her qualifications she left for a better paid position and we are now in the same situation again!