Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Link Nursery For Placement Setting

Hi there,

Hi there,

I am Lucie a (2nd timer) Full Pathway EYPS candidate with Best practice network (prev SWiFT)

I sooo dissapointingly got a 'not met' last year! It was very close to a shortfall I was told but not close enough!!!

I am now in my 2nd placement having restarted in Jan of this year.

In Dorset we have little diversity in our population and i am lucky enough to be in a setting that is in an amazing location out in the fields in rural Dorset with a farm next door...they do Forest School activities....etc.

Anyhow I am trying to take on some ENCO role as a form of my leadership; as this is the one area i think could use some development and I would love to have a link nursery...as many schools do.

We can send photos, relate our experiences and it would introduce celebrating cultural differences; which sometimes the children I play with have little chance to experience being predominately white middle class.

If anyone is in a setting and interested please get in touch.

Lucie

Hello!!

Our nursery is attached to a school in the midst of an estate...... we have links with a local nursery which is situated about 6/7 miles away but in a very rural area

I think it is important for children to hear about how / what everyone else does!

We would love to make a link with you..........

We are in the Midlands and if you're interested let me know!!

Edited by Scarlettangel

Scarlett angel....

Thanks so much for your reply...I agree totally it can only be a good thing.

Are you sure you'd want 2 links? If you have one iwth a rural setting already. If it's Ok, lets see who else might be interested....maybe give someone a chance with no links...but if noone else is then i will speak to my Manager and hope to take this further.

Thanks so much, have a good week :)

Lucie

Lucie

The link we already have is not the same as you are proposing!

We visit each others settings because we are close enough to do so (when we have money for coach travel)

With you we would be more like "penpals".

Let me know if no one lese gets back to you. Thats fine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)