Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracking Observations

Hi

In the usual panic just before moderation. Last year I was told i needed something between my e-profile and observations in terms of tracking. I am happy with my observations and have had several joint sessions this year with LEA advisor all gone well. However when it comes to being able to track which observation lead me to believe that little Jonny could do scale point 3 in the autumn term short of looking through them all I don't have a system. I was just wondering what everyone else did.

Thanks

Jay

I used to file my observations by point evidenced and cross refernece to which other points they included on a master sheet at the front of my observation file but I wasnt keeping individual records for all children with their observations as I found that impossible.

Have to admit I do keep a scrap book for every child and track scale points where applicable as I fill them in weekly, sticking in photos and writing captions - but I only have 10 YRs to worry about. Not so sure it would be possible if I had all YR as there are 30 in the class. With Y1/2 getting so much of my time, I really enjoy reflecting over the YR week in this way, and it gives me a better picture of where they are up to. I don't keep separate learning journey files, the scrapbooks act as them instead. As I'm typing this, just thought of a large A3 sheet for each child, sectioned into scale points, where you could stick the observations as they are spotted under the right scale point - sure I've seen something like that on the print outs on the eyeprofile - off to have another look now! :o

Hi

Thanksfor your replies. Its 11.30pm and what I haven't got now its tuff!! I do have a scrap book - special book for each child with all their obs which are linked to scale points its just when the moderator says what evidence do you have for lct sp 4 I will have to flick through. Oh well will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Jay

Hi

Thanks to those who relplied, moderation went really well. They loved the special books and learning journeys and I don't need a tracking sheet to say where I have the evidence...panic over nothing. Just hought I'd mention it incase anyone else is like me. Time for some sleep now I think!

Jay

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)