Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Six Dinner Sid

Hello everyone,

I am in a bit of a panic, being observed on Monday 22nd June and my focus is numeracy. The children are very interested in animals at the mo and we have just been on a farm trip - the animal they were most interested in was the farm cat, so i thought i might base the lesson on the book Six Dinner Sid.

This is what I have come up with so far

Problem solving -

If Sid has six dinners a day, how many dinners does he have in a week? How many days in a week?

1 more / 1 less - he eats 4 dinners then has 1 more ...

Collection of pet bowls and pet food with numbers stuck on

Role play vets - giving sid his medicine

I need lots more play based activities - my class is mixed reception and year1. Any tried and tested ideas would be greatly apprectiated. :o

Thank you

Catherine xD

How about a shape activity using different shapes to make the cat and his dishes....ovals, circles, rectangles, triangles etc

what about making and designing the different beds he had in the various houses? (shape ,size, fine motor control)making a beebot look like a cat, and having the children programme it to visit the houses on the map, which they label 1-6?(ICT)

good luck

Oooo I like that one Chocisgood!

How about sharing cat biscuits (you could you use Bonio's) between the 7 bowls for the week, how many in each bowl?

Tenuous link I know but ...

Decorating plates (pattern) for Sid to eat off of (Creative)

Hiding Sids dinners, Sid has to find them (positional language)

What is your favorite dinner? Make a bar chart

Using paper plates children to use collage to make a dinner for Sid (i.e. wool for spaghetti)

Thank you everyone - They are all fab ideas. I especially like the beebot one - i was thinking of hiding Sid behind numbers doors and chn work out clues to find him so that fits in really well. Thanks again - this forum is such a great help :o

Yes it is fab isn't it!

I love coming up with ideas to achieve learning obs in different ways so was a pleasure. when I start my GTP I'll be on here all the time for ideas!

When you have recovered on Monday would you be so kind as to consider filling in my research survey? Its targetting year 1 teachers over in the profile forum??

I have only had one reply so far but not panicking yet!

thanks

:o

Yes it is fab isn't it!

I love coming up with ideas to achieve learning obs in different ways so was a pleasure. when I start my GTP I'll be on here all the time for ideas!

When you have recovered on Monday would you be so kind as to consider filling in my research survey? Its targetting year 1 teachers over in the profile forum??

I have only had one reply so far but not panicking yet!

thanks

:o

Of course, that wouldn't be a problem - how do I find it? I am not very good on this website so will need a step by step guide to help me find your survey! :( Thanks again for your ideas. Catherine xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)