Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Funding

Hi

I hope I've put this in the right place. :o I work in a school and we are currently trying to set up an outdoor area that facilitates children's learning in all areas. We have some money but this will all be used for a fence, an artist is working with the children to design the fence. I wanted to ask if there are any practitioners out there working in LEA schools who have been able to access funding for the outdoor area. If so, please could you be so kind as to provide details of the funding provider. I've researched but unfortunately have not been able to find anything.

Thanks

sienna

We recently applied for and got a capital grant.

I don't know if it is nationwide but our county (Worcestershire) offered these grants from £3000 upwards I think.

There were various criteria, and areas it could be used for and one was outdoors.

I am in nursery, and we had some resources, as did year one and reception class all for outdoors.

There has recently been a second wave of grants available and I think one more may be on the cards too.

It may be worth approaching your county to see if any funding is available!

We recently applied for and got a capital grant

Thanks for your reply Scarlettangel. Do you work at a school setting? I was under the impression that capital grants were for the PVI sector only. The last setting I worked for was PVI and we managed to get a capital grant to develop the outdoor area and ICT within the setting.

:o

Hi, I work in a Foundation Stage unit in an LEA maintained primary school and we are also trying to develop our outside learning area. We have recently applied for an 'Awards For All' Lottery grant, you can google it on the internet for more info. We are hoping to secure £10,000 as we know of other settings that have been successful and used their grant from the lottery to develop their outdoor area. There is a six week turn around for the grants so you might be better to do it as soon as possible in order to get the ball rolling.

From Vicky

Hi, I work in a Foundation Stage unit in an LEA maintained primary school and we are also trying to develop our outside learning area. We have recently applied for an 'Awards For All' Lottery grant, you can google it on the internet for more info. We are hoping to secure £10,000 as we know of other settings that have been successful and used their grant from the lottery to develop their outdoor area. There is a six week turn around for the grants so you might be better to do it as soon as possible in order to get the ball rolling.

From Vicky

Could explain what you put in your application. We are keen to develop our outdoor area and I have had a quick look at the application pack and the only thing that vaguely fits is to have a growing area for vegetables for healthier lifestyles. I'm wondering how we can make it fit with wider community etc.

From Vicky

Thank you for your response Vicky, I will look into the 'Awards for All' grant. Welcome to the forum :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)