Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role-play Planning

hi there, i wonder if anyone could help with my planning, most of our children are just interested in sleep-overs and general role-play and i wanted to extend the children with this. has anyone got any ideas that i can plan for the areas of learning. thanx Ann

Hi, we set up a cafe with the dolls and teddies, put out cups, plates, role-play food we put out the cash register, paper, pencils and let the children take the role-play wherever they want it to go, we are there to give support and help if needed, otherwise it is their own play. We have had a doctors role-play with the sleepmats, medical kit, and the doctors and nurse outfit from the dressing-up, the staff had to lie down and be the patients! but it was real fun.Hope any of this helps and gives you some ideas.

if you have a few spare pennies invest them in 'little book of role play' and/or 'little book of prop boxes for role play'- some fab ideas there, the usual suspects and some interesting ideas too which has really helped my staff when feeling uninspired...though we are fortunate in that the majority of our children thrive on imaginative play so not really short on ideas as the children come up with scenarios and roles you could never dream of!

try a search on here too, there are some really fab ideas shared

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)