Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sharing Info Between Settings

Hello,

I know this topic has been mentioned before but I was wondering whether the shared info is specified anywhere i.e. does it have to be developmental progress? I was wondering if something along the lines of 'what is little Jonny's favourite toy and how well does he interact socially?' would be ok afterall it's still information that is shared.

Thoughts gratefully received,

ppp

Edited by Guest

Hi, from reading around on this subject yes you would mention development stuff but also it's aimed at not repeating the same activities or areas in 2 settings, ie. so the child doesn't do the same kinds of activity at both settings in the same week. Or you could mention the child's current interests.

To be honest I don't think it's hugely realistic to expect settings to communicate effectively on paper because it's only one way communication flow at a time. Personally I'd suspect a quick phone call would be more useful.

Thanks SuzieC8

Wondering if it needs to be recorded so phone call not enough evidence?

ppp

I would advocate that yes this is recorded at your end - otherwise you will not as you say be able to show Ofsted much evidence. wonder do you use the same learning journal? (I know how difficult this could be, just wondered)

Only a handful of my children attend another setting- but none of them the same setting so ever so difficult to do same things.

Thanks

ppp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)