Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help!

I have recently been offered a job as foundation teacher in another school, i am a nqt and although i really enjoy working at the school I am at I am only on a 0.5 contract, I do however get quite a lot of supply in the afternoons in other classes etc. My problem is when I announced it today (first day back after hols) the other teacher who I work alongside told me that she has secretly been thinking about taking more of a backseat and going part-time! I am totally confused now due to this revelation, my NQT year is dragging on and on by being part-time and by leaving this would mean my NQT year would be completed on a much quicker basis etc... Part of me is thinking that its a bit odd to reveal this info now and not before, and feel that maybe its best just to cut my losses and go for a new challenge?!

Think I just wanted to get all that off my chest!

Hi and welcome coco.

I am going to move this to somewhere else(!).

Look after yourself Coco, take the job you have been offered assuming you are able to with resignation dates etc and dont take another teacher's word for something --it is up to the head not the teacher.

Hi!

And welcome!

At the end of the day, you appplied for a new job for a reason, whether it was for a change or more hours etc.

By taking the job you've been offered, you will then have stability for the year and know that you will definately finish your NQT year by at least half way through the year :-)

Hope this helps!

Sam x

Hi Coco,

It seems to me that without anything concrete it would be madness to pass up your other opportunity. The fact that she just says she has been thinking about it doesn't mean that she would go through with it. You have to think about yourself and your own career path. :o

Hi Coco welcome! Very sound advice on here already.

Being and NQT is stressful enough without worrying if this teacher will or will not take less hours so i am reminded of the old saying 'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush' Take the job you have been offered!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)