Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Safeguarding Concern

HI,

we have had two separate complaints about a member of staff forcibly seating a child, and then later (on another occasion) pushing the child by the head away from a book that he was looking at. both times the same child and same staff member.

both staff felt strongly enough to write this out.

we need to know whether this member of staff needs suspending immediately on Monday pending an investigation or if she can still be in nursery. i know i would prefer her to be suspended pending the investigation, but what can we legally do, or what are we required to do in the eyes of ofsted?

your advice / experiences would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Dawn

What does your safegarding policy say? Ours says that if there is a complaint against a member of staff they will be suspended until the complaint has been cleared up.

Not a nice situation to be in for you :o

Guest Wolfie

This sounds like a situation in which you need to consult with your LADO (Local Authority Desgnated Officer) - they are responsible for following up any allegations of abuse by a member of staff. You should have their contact details from your local Safeguarding Board? I would ring them first thing on Monday and seek advice.