Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Welcome/starter Pack For Children And Parents

Hi Im sure this has prob been discussed somewhere before, but I have searched and can't find anything. I am moving from Reception to Nursery in September and have several new children starting in September. Our Head wont allow home visits :o so I want to send our children a welcome pack that they can complete before they come to nursery. Has anyone got any good ideas?? thanks

kat xx

Home visits are useful but it's not the end of the world if you don't have them. Also, parents can opt not to have them even if the school does them.

We do have them but if a parent opts out we manage by inviting the child and parents to a stay n play session, during which we observe the child as we would at home, fill in the relevant admin paper work and go through the usual questionnaires. Our welcome pack includes an information booklet about session times, snack, clothing, illness and medication, contacts, curriculum and staffing. We also include internet use agreement to sign, dietary/health questionnnaire. Ours has changed over the years but it's not too huge and onerous, hope that helps a bit. Jenni

we don't do home visits in our pre-school but children and parents are invited to visit the setting and then have an induction session. A prospectus with admission form is given to parent asap and I have recently updated our 'All about me' form which I think I've posted before but will attach again. This is encouraged to be completed with the child but so far appears it hasn't.

I would like to create a booklet especially for the child with info such as the routine/all about the environment, who staff are etc complete with lots of pictures of the environment and people. This idea was taken from a good video about transitions that I watched at uni somewhere part of the 'Seamless Transitions' pack- you can download info and the case studies via teachernet (I think) and having googled seamless transitions it appears you can watch the videos online through youtube etc

Hope that helps

All_about_me.docx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)