Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Excercise Books In Reception

Hello everyone, I am really interested to know what exercise books if any you all use in Reception.

Thank you

Hello everyone, I am really interested to know what exercise books if any you all use in Reception.

Thank you

We don't use books very often but we have a plain A4 book for writing, the same for Maths, they have a plain a5 book as their own notebook in which they can do anything in and I think that's about it.

I also have a plain book for writing this is good evidence showing the progression made from entering reception. As far as PSRN goes, I do not have books-I did last year but found they were hardly used so this year I have taken photos of anything relevant and stuck it in learning journey books and annotated them accrordingly-I spoke to our link inspector about this and he said as long as I had evidence of progression in this area it was fine not to have books-he thought photos were a good idea. My children also have a jotter to write in on their own-we call them their 'secret books' and I tell them that they are not to be looked at by me unless they want to show me something-which they usually are keen to do. They really like this idea -particularly the boys! Just another way of encouraging them to write!

We have a plain a4 book that we sometimes use. At current we've only used about 5 pages though! Most of our writing is done on templates and we do lots of recording on the floor/wall outside. If we want to record that we take a photo.

Hi

We just have one book and everything goes in that, obs, their writing, number work, photos.

Jay

• 2 months later...

Hi,

In my class the children have a 'Special Book' that they can take home on Fridays and an 'Observation Book' where all the post its, observation sheets etc go. They have 'Busy Bee Books' which are always out on the writing area for them to use as they wish. All the work we do in class is done on paper and then stuck into an A4 book to keep together. We do provide lined and squared paper for the children to use if they want to and then that is also stuck into their 'work' book when completed.

Beccy.

Hi

We use folders to store English, maths and topic work. We use books to plan for PDR in as one of the planning jobs which they use weekly. We have stopped using other books as we hardly ever used them. We do use a handwriting book in the summer term.

Like everyone else we take a lot of photos to provide evidence of work done on whiteboards and also photocopy whiteboard work.

redbase :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)