Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Unit?

hi, have been reading all the posts and they are really useful.

now i hope someone canhelp me!!

in september we are merging the pre school and reception classes into one foundation unit. the current reception teacher is very 'old school' and currently the children have literacy and numeracy with the year 1's. this is changing to allow the reception chidren more free play............However, the teacher has taken over with her ideas and is telling me how i should run the unit in the same way......which is not how i work!!!

has any one any suggestions about how i can keep her happy!

also if anyone would be willing to send photos or details of their planning for me to show her that would be just great :o

i am desperate to look around a foundation unit that is working well if this is possible please let me know.

Many Thanks

miniberry

xD

Hi miniberry and welcome.

I hope you find the answers you need. We have some articles about FS Units that you might find useful within the articles section although they were written a few years ago now.

\This is a continuing tight rope trick!

I am in the position of managing a preschool merged with a reception class and it is a constant battle to ensure that we don't turn into a reception class with preschool attached! The school is under pressure to produce results and the preschool is under pressure to follow the EYFS and sometimes the 2 don’t mix, especially this term when reception children are moving up.

But it is worthwhile, just remeber you have expertise as well. try to do planning together and remeber to base everything on EYFS.

\This is a continuing tight rope trick!

I am in the position of managing a preschool merged with a reception class and it is a constant battle to ensure that we don't turn into a reception class with preschool attached! The school is under pressure to produce results and the preschool is under pressure to follow the EYFS and sometimes the 2 don’t mix, especially this term when reception children are moving up.

But it is worthwhile, just remeber you have expertise as well. try to do planning together and remeber to base everything on EYFS.

Thanks very much,

i feel exactly the same way, i don't want it to end up that the pre schoolers feel as though they are 'in school' it is very difficult because the teacher has told me the plans are already in place which i have to follow, i must do literacy, numeracy and phonics every day..... HELP!!!! :(

it's as if i have no idea about early years arhhhhhhhhhhhhh xD

ok i feel better now..

thanks,

Please anyone else who has some advice or copies of plans please forward so i can show her osome other ideas.

Thank you xx :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)