Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Open University Ez123 And Ez124

hi I have just enrolled on this on the ou EZ123 and 124 course. I am feeling very nervous as i have not sone anything like this for a very long time. Chose this route as i could start sooner. Having to do the foundation degree rather than wanting to so feeling daunted. Am I doing the right thing will I enjoy it. All I am thinking is I have not got time for this. Am I capable of doing this.

please give me some reassurance

Angela

Hi

Oh I am sure you will be fine, don't be nervous :o

I did E123 and E124 when they were first presented by the OU and loved them both.

I think I am right in saying that your Ez123/124 is different in that you do not have a tutor and do not submit assignments during the course. It is an 'assessment' only route and you do one 3000 word assignment at the end.

I imagine the content will be very similar to the original courses and it was really quite straightforward. You will have an OU website and I am sure it will be a great source of support - and of course there are lots of past/current OU students who are FSF members.

There may be someone here who has done the courses you are about to start and if so I am sure they will be along shortly.

OU study for me has been great but you do need to be organised in terms of allocating time and applying yourself to the study - there is no brick uni to attend on given days and times - that for me is a bonus as the flexibility of OU study has been the right route for me.

Guest mukerjee1

Hi Buttercup, in my third year of OU Early Years Foundation degree, and, like you, opted to take EZL123 & 124 as an experienced practitioner. Rest assured, I found that I was already using most of the criteria to prove 'good practice' on a daily basis, as the majority do, the theorists etc... are clearly explained in the text. Pm me if you need any advice. Good luck, you'll probably enjoy it!

oooo Hiya, I've just emailed them to ask is it too late to register... busy busy summer holidays.... good look and

cross fingers I get on x

Carla

Is anyone else starting in July beginning to think it was a bad idea as i am on holiday for 2 weeks. Guess what i will be reading? not magazines.

Just got the paperwork thru for EZL123 and EZL124 .... OMG Looks really complicated ! Sure it must be easier than it looks ! :o

Just got the paperwork thru for EZL123 and EZL124 .... OMG Looks really complicated ! Sure it must be easier than it looks ! :o

I have been reading through the bits for a few weeks think i am getting my head round it. Am i right that you do not need to do all the tasks only one or two in each area. That is obviously how it is fast tracked. not sure how to decide which ones to do yet. Hopeing more infor will be on wedsite when that is working 26th i think it said.

keep me posted with what you think

angela

I have been reading through the bits for a few weeks think i am getting my head round it. Am i right that you do not need to do all the tasks only one or two in each area. That is obviously how it is fast tracked. not sure how to decide which ones to do yet. Hopeing more infor will be on wedsite when that is working 26th i think it said.

keep me posted with what you think

angela

Hiya,

Yes - Think you just need to do a couple of tasks for each unit- thats what i will be doing anyway! - Still in process of reading thru it all at the moment.

Will let you know when i decide whci tasks to do for each topic.

Claire xxx

Hi I completed these courses last year, I did a few of the tasks that I felt may help. Just make sure you keep a well organised set of notes, and it helps to read through the ECA guidance regularly. Just make sure you refer to the course notes a lot through the ECA's. Good luck, I'm here if you have any questions. I have also completed E115 and am currently studying U212.

:o

not panicking but had someone ring me today to welcome me to ou. She asked how i would fit in study time and mentioned that i need to do 20 hours a week. i am having a friday morning off work approx 5 hours with maybe a few more hours fitted in around 3 children and other paperwork. is this realistic or should i try to find some more time.

angela

Hi I completed these courses last year, I did a few of the tasks that I felt may help. Just make sure you keep a well organised set of notes, and it helps to read through the ECA guidance regularly. Just make sure you refer to the course notes a lot through the ECA's. Good luck, I'm here if you have any questions. I have also completed E115 and am currently studying U212.

:o

Hiya Loulizrob

Do you mind telling me which tasks you did ? still finding it a little daunting so need as much help as poss !!!! How and when did you start your ECAs - did it take long ? Any assistance would be gratefully recieved !

Buttercup - I only have Thurs afternoon to do studying, so wouldn't worry too much - know what i will be doing thru the 6 weeks holiday !!

me too I have employed someone else to cover me for a Friday morning approx 4 hours. Looked at dvd the other day quite interesting but still confused to what notes I should actually be writing.

all the best.

buttercup

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)