Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Iep Format

There is also a suggestion that SENCOs will be required to be qualified in SEN to masters level. I think Birmingham is offering one of the pilot courses???

It's not a Masters Qualification but it is going to be a specific qualification for SENCOs that I'm pretty sure you can put towards credits for a masters. They are going to make teaching a Master's Profession though for new entrants. The plan will be that you have to do your Masters in Teaching and Learning (or A N Other Masters course) within 5 years of qualifying as a teacher. This will not apply to teachers already in post.

hi gruffolo 2 did you mean the salamanca agreement

ooh intrigued now, haven't heard of that. I'll have to google. :o

I considered Conventions of Childrens Rights when devising my preschools Aims and policies.

Peggy

I've just unearthed my policy list

Inclusion

SEN

Disability

EAL

Behaviour

G&T

Racial Equality

personally think these could all be included in one policy but....

We have the same apart from G&T (currently a work in progress!) and Racial Equality which I think comes in our Equality and Diversity.

I agree they could all be in one policy :o

but don't we have a specific obligation to have a policy for SEN under the terms of Code Of Practice. A while back when we had OFSTED we were picked up for not having correct terminology in our policy - we amended it to include 'specific phrases' such as Graduated Approach, Early Years Action/Plus and had to include the name of our SENCO.

I have never liked the term 'special educational needs' I think it is quite discriminatory but better than some of the terms they used years ago! If we have truly inclusive settings that offer truly inclusive provision then every child surely receives whatever support they need regardless of 'anything' that is part of who they are xD

Unfortunately we seem to need these labels in order to access funding for these children, and until that changes we have to comply with the terminology. We are thinking of calling our IEPs 'Enabling Plans' to encompass what they actually do. As Sam2368 says, it's not just about education.

• 3 years later...

Hi Just wondered is anyone willing to share a copy of their PUPIL PROFILES please. We do IFS (Individual Focus Strategies) and Pupil Profiles in our Special School.

Many thanks

xxxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)