Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transport & Travel Agents

Hi guys :)

I am covering transport theme for a couple of weeks after half term & am hoping to get some ideas as to what activities the children could do. I have a few ideas but am after picking some of those experienced brains for something more adventurous so that I can impress in my final teaching placement before I qualify!

Also are there any good story books that you could suggest I purchase?

Thanks!! :o

The Train Ride is a good one and the author June Cribbons springs to mind but I might be wrong.

I've always done a bit about road safety in a transport topic too---crossing the road and wearing a seat belt. Another title Ive used is Journeys for a similar theme and then Ive included sun safety as you may going somewhere hot? Journeys could also incorporate transition to the next class as its nearly the end of the school year.

Yes I have downloaded a lot from Sparklebox. Want to make some things with the children to add to the travel agents as I don't want it all adult led.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We started by doing lots of talking about places and practising talk to persuade.

We are writing our own travel brochure. each child pastes a picture into publisher and writes a blurb for it eg Youcan go camping. It's a bit scary at night but exciting.

We have also made travel posters (pastel drawings with felt tip writing eg Go to paris and see the tower or Go to the forest it's full of big rats - I'm not tempted by that one).

Our puppet looked for a holiday on a real holiday website on the IWB. It was too expensive so one of the class said her mum would pay. We also looked at far away places that other children live in on 'Open a door' on Espresso.

It's been good so far and we will open our travel agent next week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)