Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Help

Hi, I have just been asked by our Head to come up with some questions and a task for our interviews for Lower Foundation Stage teacher. Does anyone have any that they have been asked that I could use as a starting point? I have specifics for our job description, but would like general ones too. Thanks! Anj

I think a standard task for interview, would be a circle time of some sort e.g story or Numeracy either with a group or whole class I had an interview once where they just observed us interact with the children to get a feel of what we would be like, I think it would be hard for young children and the teacher to do a whole 'session'

As for questions, you will want to establish they have a solid understanding of the EYFS, how they are going to engage parents, can they work as a team, what are their strengths (and weaknesses) What do they precieve the role of the outdoor area to be.

And lots more i'm sure.

I think a standard task for interview, would be a circle time of some sort e.g story or Numeracy either with a group or whole class I had an interview once where they just observed us interact with the children to get a feel of what we would be like, I think it would be hard for young children and the teacher to do a whole 'session'

As for questions, you will want to establish they have a solid understanding of the EYFS, how they are going to engage parents, can they work as a team, what are their strengths (and weaknesses) What do they precieve the role of the outdoor area to be.

And lots more i'm sure.

Thanks for that I think circle time is an excellent idea!

Can they tell you about a lesson that went well and why?

And a lesson that didn't go so well and how they approached this problem?

Value of assessment and how they would approach it with their class?

How would they deal with a reception child who was particularly disruptive?

How they would like to develop learning in the outdoor area, incorporating the six areas of learning?

Role of parents in the early years of primary school?

Hope these help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)