Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Farmer Duck Assembly!

hello!

after half term we have to put on an assembly for rest of school, just wondering if anyone can think of easy songs to learn that would go with the story farmer duck story, which we will try to act out!

hope someone can help, thanks

hello!

after half term we have to put on an assembly for rest of school, just wondering if anyone can think of easy songs to learn that would go with the story farmer duck story, which we will try to act out!

apart from farm songs I couldnt find one so I made one up. Maybe you could try that

killowengirl

hello!

we have just done an assembly with Farmer Duck as the piece of 'drama', we are a catholic school so sang two hymns and a song called 'Together' some of the lyrics are 'when we work together the job gets done, when we move together it keeps us strong' 'when we sing together the beat goes on, when we play together it's so much fun' 'what we do together we do as one' I can't tell you the name of the CD, I think it's from an assembly type CD with another song on it called 'Be careful little eyes'. someone might be able recognise it.

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

I did Farmer Duck as an assembly with my Reception class in about 2000!!!.... so am now racking my brains to think....

I remember adapting a song called 'Keep on dancing' and changing the words. Can't help you with the original song and tune, but from memory it went something like...

Keep on working, keep on working, keep on singing this song (x2)

Clap your hands and stamp your feet

Saw that wood to the beat

Saw that wood, saw that wood on singing this song

Keep on working, keep on working, keep on singing this song (x2)

Clap your hands and stamp your feet

Wash those dishes to the beat

Wash those dishes, saw that wood

Keep on singing this song

Groups of children mimed the different actions and I think we had a couple more verses in there, do the ironing, dig the fields...

this was at the end of our assembly after they had got rid of the farmer :o

I think then we had a song/rhyme for each of the groups of animals - baa baa blacksheep, higgledy piggledy my black hen, cant remember what we did for cows tho and i remember I added in pigs as well - I'm thinking it was mabe this little piggy went to market, as the duck fetced them....

Ok brain has given up under the strain now.... if it helps great, if not then just ignore me - most people do xD

Thank for the replies!

you've given me hope. i think i will adpat some of your song suggestions, fingers crossed it will go ok, we are an infant and junior school with staff and parents having slightly high expectations.

thanks again xx

we have just done an assembly with Farmer Duck as the piece of 'drama', we are a catholic school so sang two hymns and a song called 'Together' some of the lyrics are 'when we work together the job gets done, when we move together it keeps us strong' 'when we sing together the beat goes on, when we play together it's so much fun' 'what we do together we do as one' I can't tell you the name of the CD, I think it's from an assembly type CD with another song on it called 'Be careful little eyes'. someone might be able recognise it.

We have that CD at our school and the children love it - its produced by "Out of the ark" should have attached the link to the correct publication here if needed!

http://www.outoftheark.co.uk/products/asse...y-assembly.html

ems

• 1 year later...
hello!

I know you did your assembly along time ago but I really like the sound of it and wondered how you did it in the end. Could you share this with me if you do not mind as am interested myself to use this for an end of year assembly for Reception. I have never done an assembly before, am a NQT so a bit nervous!

No useful song suggestions, but wanted to ask you "how goes the work?"

When my dd2 was born, I read that book a lot to my dd1 (18 months) while I was breastfeeding. I think my husband and I still know it off my heart, and "How goes teh work?" as become a family catch phrase.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)