Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Settings In Yorkshire?

Hi,

I am a foundation stage co-ordinator at a large inner city school in Nottingham which has a 60 full time place nursery and 2 reception classes. We are trying hard to develop continous provision in our setting.

On Thursday 4th June our school is closed for polling so I have arranged for the whole team (12 staff) to visit the Early Years Excellence Centre in Huddersfield. Obviously, this a long journey so were hoping to combine our visit there with a visit to a foundation stage within a (fairly) local school. We were thinking half the staff could maybe visit in the morning and then swap over for the afternoon.

Is there anyone based around Leeds/Bradford/Huddersfield who would be willing to let us visit them just for an hour in the morning and again in the afternoon? We would be very happy to arrange for an exchange visit to us later in this term or next academic year!

Thanks for your help,

Aly

It's a bit late to organise it but have you tried Kirklees LEA Early years for a recommendation or asked Early excellence? I've PM'd you as well

Apparently my old primary school is a really good place to visit for early years stuff, or so I was told the last time I was at early excellence a few years back now! They mentioned the school and then I said I know it well, I used to be a pupil there!

It's called Kirkheaton School if that is any help to you.

THanks to both of you for your messages. I will try contacting the schools that you both suggested on the first Monday back. I have already tried the LA amd Early Excellence directly. No response from LA yet but Early Years Excellence said they couldn't help!

Thanks again,

Aly

Hi,

I am an FS co-ord in Bradford - you are welcome to visit our FSU - small ish, 21 REC and 20 nursery children, if that's any use? We are also developing our provision and love hearing about what others do? email me if you are interested

Hi,

I am a foundation stage co-ordinator at a large inner city school in Nottingham which has a 60 full time place nursery and 2 reception classes. We are trying hard to develop continous provision in our setting.

On Thursday 4th June our school is closed for polling so I have arranged for the whole team (12 staff) to visit the Early Years Excellence Centre in Huddersfield. Obviously, this a long journey so were hoping to combine our visit there with a visit to a foundation stage within a (fairly) local school. We were thinking half the staff could maybe visit in the morning and then swap over for the afternoon.

Is there anyone based around Leeds/Bradford/Huddersfield who would be willing to let us visit them just for an hour in the morning and again in the afternoon? We would be very happy to arrange for an exchange visit to us later in this term or next academic year!

Thanks for your help,

Aly

Edited by Beau
To remove email address - please use private messaging on the forum

Hi Jennim,

Thank you so much for your kind offer - we would love to take you up on it! Just wondered if you got the PM I sent the other day. I'm really new to all this so worried that I did something wrong and you haven't received it?

Thanks again,

Aly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)