Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rhymes / Poems About Scary Noises!

I hear thunder!

Always popular, a chance to make noises,and perhaps take some of the scariness away.

Jean

Hi - does anybody know of a hort poem/rhyme which describes scary noises???

Not so sure about poems (other than "The Boneyard Rap" by Wes Magee - probably more suitable for older kids).

How about doing some body percussion? We do a circle time thing from time to time that involves making the sound of a storm using different parts of the body. Start by making the noise of the breeze by blowing gently, then tap 2 fingers on the palm of your hand for the rain starting, then clap your hands as the rain gets heavier, then clap hands and stamp your feet to make the sound of rain and thunder and then reverse the whole thing to bring it back down to a gentle breeze again.

Probably not quite what you were looking for but it works brilliantly for us and the kids love it. Also lots of different ways to enhance it which I will gladly share if anyone is interested.

DDC.

Thanks for that idea daddydaycare - it will fit in well with what i was planning to do. :)

No problem, I have loads of good music/sound related stuff that I am more than willing to share if the need is there. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)