Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Journeys

Could someone help? I work in the Foundation Stage of a Primary School where we have 58 children (36 full time and 22 part time). How do other Primary School's manage their time completing learning journeys for such large numbers? What formats work well? Any help would be welcome. thanks

Hi barnes07, welcome to the forum.

I do learning journeys during half term holidays, weekends or sometimes put in odd bits in the evenings, but I only have 20 children.

I'm hoping to be more organised next year by having a camera and photo printer for the children to use so that they can take a more active part in putting their journey together.

Not sure how this will fit in with our days, but I'm going to give it a go.

I think some schools give time to do them during the school day, but I may be wrong!

jackie.

Hi barnes07, welcome to the forum.

I do learning journeys during half term holidays, weekends or sometimes put in odd bits in the evenings, but I only have 20 children.

I'm hoping to be more organised next year by having a camera and photo printer for the children to use so that they can take a more active part in putting their journey together.

Not sure how this will fit in with our days, but I'm going to give it a go.

I think some schools give time to do them during the school day, but I may be wrong!

jackie.

Thanks for replying - that's what I though! Why should we have to complete this stuff in our own time? I think the learning journeys are a lovely idea - but not when there are so many other things we are expected to do in a day! I already feel I do enough outside of my hours as it is!

Thanks for replying - that's what I though! Why should we have to complete this stuff in our own time? I think the learning journeys are a lovely idea - but not when there are so many other things we are expected to do in a day! I already feel I do enough outside of my hours as it is!

I have 39 place nursery which is both morning and afternoon. We put 1 observational assessment in them once a term, 1 piece of evidence (child initiated/adult led) in each of the 6 areas once a term and any incidental post its go on an incidental post it sheet in each of the 6 areas. Hope this helps. :o

Could someone help? I work in the Foundation Stage of a Primary School where we have 58 children (36 full time and 22 part time). How do other Primary School's manage their time completing learning journeys for such large numbers? What formats work well? Any help would be welcome. thanks

Hi - ive got a rather large class of reception children (lets just say more than 30 - long story!!) I have found it a bit more difficult this year to manage but I use my ppa time as i feel I can do my planning at home and these folders are a bit too much to take home really so thats the best use of my time. I also have fab LSA's who all file things into learning journeys when they have a spare five minutes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)