Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice For Interview

Guest lou73

Guest lou73

Hi everyone,

I have an interview this coming week for a nursery posistion with TL2 it says that during the day we will be expected to perform a in-tray exercise relating to the leadership aspects of this post? can anyone explain to me what this could be?

thanks

Guest lou73

Ok that doesn't sound to bad.. this is the first time i am going for a post with extra responsibility is there any type of advice that you would give me in terms of sorting things in order of prioity?

thanks

Well I would say that your instincts would probably see you right on this but from my point of view anything relating to child's safety is of highest priority, followed by any complaints from parents, then anything relating to staff happiness etc... most other things I would think would be done in accordance to date priority. I don't know if anyone else has alternative opinions - i'd be interested to hear.

I've just started on a TLR 2 within a Nursery setting and my most important piece of paperwork each week is staff deployment in the various areas. Previously, it used to be on a day to day basis and certain people didn't like being outside etc.etc. so I now have a system which doubles as a diary and shows who is where each week. Also means staff can then come to reflective dinner time meeting with comments, feedback about the children's learning in their area. It also enables us to see at a glance who is out on training each day/ who has PPA etc. and so we can plan agency staff in advance rather than phoning up on the day.

In tray exercises are usually about prioritising as I understand it and I would agree that anything which relates to safety, parental concerns, complaints or learning would come first.

Good luck!