Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Enhancing Cd Area

we have decided to enhance our areas at work, everyone went into a draw and I have got Creative Area. It's the largest area and most public in a way so feel under pressure to do something really wow.

Anyone got any ideas for what I could put out there that would draw the children into the area and want them to spend time there- I'm not talking adult led activities, more continuous provision.

Thanks for any help

what a great area to have!

How is it arranged - on shelves or trolley, types of containers?

Do the children know the different types of creative processes they can undertake - collage, drawing with a range of media and tools - what is continuous and how is it enhanced?

Once you have identified the different types of CD, you can then decide what will be out and when - don't put too much out at once and make sure you model correct use of resources before children access independently - better results!

Can I suggest a good book to support creative development, Supporting Creativity and Imagination in the Early Years by Bernadette Duffy, very good at helping you think outside the box......creativity is not just painting, collage, etc. but covers a huge range of activities from music and movement to gardening.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)